Think you have a great vocabulary? Try the WORD OF THE DAY
Come on Broadway, let's try this!! Check out the examples here and then find a book(s) that you want to use and ask Ms. Rogan or a library worker to take your picture.
We will add them to our library website. Want to see more? search #bookface on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. (no social media in school-so check them out from home)
- "I hated to Read Until I read these!" Click here to see great summer reads.
- ECSD Summer lists
- KINDLE, NOOK, iPad Books
You can download books to read on your device from the public library here.
- Award Winners!
- "Explore New York " recreational reading lists for children and teens are now available on the New York State Library Summer Reading website http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/libdev/summer/explore.htm
Even more Book Trailers here
What are other Teens reading?
- Scholastic has launched this is teen, a Facebook community for teen readers where the conversation starts with books. On facebook.com/thisisteen, teens can interact with their friends, and with favorite authors like Libba Bray,Meg Cabot, Maggie Stiefvater, Markus Zusak, and
Kevin Brooks. See videos and more. Check this out from home. Facebook is blocked in school, so use this outside of school hours.
FIND A GOOD BOOK
YOURNEXTREAD.com Find a book like one you loved!
Book Wizard helps you to find books like those you have enjoyed
Would you like to read FREE books on your personal device? There's an app for that! See Mrs. Rogan for an access code and Pin number.
1. Go to the App Store on your device (Apple or Android).
2. Search for "Open eBooks" and follow the instructions to download.
3. Open the app.
4. Agree to any terms and conditions.
5. Enter your code and PIN combination when prompted
6. Browse the catalog of books available.
7. Regular data rates apply. Check with your parent before using to make sure you do not exceed their data plan.