Fifth Grade Masters The Library!
In fifth grade, our units become very specific and very structured and are focused on a variety of literacy skills that will enable your children to become successful critical thinkers in the information age. We continue to focus the Inquiry process on learning as a basis for exploring the steps necessary to access, evaluate, use, and synthesize information.
Here's an overview of what we will cover this year in the Media Center:
Welcome & Introduction:
- What’s new?
- Ebook review/Nooks
- Catalog and all its features
o What to use and what to avoid
o EvaluationUsing NoodleTools and Databases:
- Notecards – quote, paraphrase, ideas
- Picking a topic – can’t be fully answered on google
- Choosing resources
- Evaluating resources
- Extracting relevant information
- Importance of listing your sources (bibliography)
- American Melting Pot
- The Struggle for Equality